Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Forum Pruned
djrico
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12/23/2010 at 23:26
Forum Pruned

I made a mistake trying to prune the 'remixer showcase' forum to the last 30 day posts but didn't work and I thought maybe the prune feature is not working and I made sure I was only pruning the 'remixer showcase' so I decided not to mess with it and left it like that but when I opened the 'mixshow' forum I saw many OLD posts on top of the new posts with -1 and from 1969 and when clicking on them they were all empty so really the 'prune' feature messed it all up, it pruned the main forum instead and it didn't delete the threads, the old threads were showing on top of new posts every other refresh, pretty weird and annoying. After further investigation I found out that I wasn't supposed to use the 'prune' feature in the latest version of this forum, instead I should've just marked multiple threads at once and delete. Now the forum is fine but all posts older than a month are gone, gone forever. So so sorry, I didn't mean to delete anything from the 'mixshow'. Lesson learned.

Rico
bertrand
Administrator

Mood: Green

[*] posted on 12/24/2010 at 01:39

It should be possible to restore to a backup either through XMB, and if that fails, through your hosting. I'd rather lose the last few days of posts than everything but the last month..

_________________________________ _______
|Energy Club House Playlists:
(Current)(Archive)|
|Bit Error - Discography|Energy 98 - Move to it! |

|Bit Error on Facebook|____|Follow on HearThis|
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DJme
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12/24/2010 at 03:04

Quote: Originally posted by bertrand  
It should be possible to restore to a backup either through XMB, and if that fails, through your hosting. I'd rather lose the last few days of posts than everything but the last month..

Agreed.

Sandeep

[*] posted on 1/3/2011 at 16:13

Rico - any word on whether a backup can be found? That was a hell of a lotta information and for it to all be lost like that is a bit of a shame. I'm less inclined to post and share information if it can be lost so easily and quickly.

chawin

[*] posted on 1/3/2011 at 19:02

Yes, it's a shame as I look for info in old threads from time to time. I've just noticed we lost our post counts :P
Sandeep

[*] posted on 1/6/2011 at 01:46

Quote: Originally posted by Sandeep  
Rico - any word on whether a backup can be found? That was a hell of a lotta information and for it to all be lost like that is a bit of a shame. I'm less inclined to post and share information if it can be lost so easily and quickly.

Rico - please can we have a reply?

Go To Top