DJ RICO MIXSHOW
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Go-Go's "Vacation" NRG Remake?
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2/5/2011 at 00:11
Go-Go's "Vacation" NRG Remake?

Being a Go-Go's fanatic I always wished some of their classics would receive some proper dance reconstructions, heck I even would settle for a dance remake. Well, I got my wish and just came across a fabulous and euphoric dance remake of their hit "Vacation" with decent vocals and superbly pumped up with the amount of proper energy it needs. Surprisingly, I came this jewel of mix on an aerobic compilation with no proper credits of the artist/label or where the mix is derived from. I know some of these comps license their remixes from dance cover labels like Saifam, Klone etc.. so I'm really curious is "Vacation" the only dance cover done for the Go-Go's? Who ever produced this fierce mix definitely needs to do an entire redux compilation from their catalogue.
wally767

[*] posted on 2/6/2011 at 09:57

Love the Go Go's as well would like to hear many of their songs remixed.
Did you get the aerobic powermix 52?
There is a mix of Carpenters , I won't last a day without you I would like to hear but really not interested in the whole album.
danzmuzikfanatik

[*] posted on 2/6/2011 at 11:32

Is it this one? http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/80s-re-mixed-the-hits/id258971352
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/6/2011 at 13:55
Go-Go's & Carpenters

Quote: Originally posted by wally767  
Did you get the aerobic powermix 52?
There is a mix of Carpenters , I won't last a day without you I would like to hear but really not interested in the whole album.

No it's from this step-hi aerobic compilation though that mix for the Carpenters "I Won't Last A Day Without You" sounds interesting and worth adding to my collection. But for a really great mix for this particular track and other Carpenter classics I would highly recommend Klone's 'Forever Carpenters' : Carpenters Tribute Dance Remixes by Jenny Sinclair spread out on 2xCD. As for Go-Go's dance remakes aside from that unidentified mix of "Vacation", that second version on DJ Boy Wunder's comp that danzmuzikfanatic mentioned, and that one by 3 Girlz, DJ Rico & Joe Bermudez did a cool tweaked version of "Our Lips Our Sealed" years ago, and if memory serves me remixer Michael T. Diamond did a redux for "We Got The Beat".
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/6/2011 at 13:56
Vacation

Quote: Originally posted by danzmuzikfanatik  
Is it this one? [url]http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/80s-re-mixed-the-hits/id258971352
[/url]

Being a dance remake enthusiast (whether their bad or good) I had no idea about this particular 80's remix
compilation, I definitely have to seek and purchase the CD format. As for this mix of "Vacation", no it seems to be a different production. Just found out that Saifam released one years ago: 3 Girlz "Vacation" (Factory Team Mix), so perhaps it's this one, but still going to purchase this DJ Boy Wunder
compilation too, thanks for the recommendation!
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/8/2011 at 14:04
We Got The Beat

Quote: Originally posted by wally767  

Did some more perusing and apparently there was an updated 2008 mix for "We Got The Beat" that was released
on an one-sided 12" White Label:

Go-Go's "We Got The Beat" (Hardware's Beach Bumpin Revamp Mix) 12" (REMIX0003)

Go To Top