Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Christina Aguilera national anthem
mdakis2010

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 11:58
Christina Aguilera national anthem

what did you guys think about her performance and the slight lyric mishap??

poetica2004

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 12:11

like her career, it will blow over.
Magnus

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 12:42

That was... wailtastic? XD

walkawaydirrty

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 13:14

well say what you want, but I think she did a FANTASTIC job..I don't think she has performed in front of this many people before & I think she was just a *tad* bit overwelmed.. As for the childish swipe at her career being over- she has had a very sucessful career- most some people can only dream about.. she does what she loves & she is dang good at it, ...I'm not a Christina fanatic, but I think most people can agree with me when I say that she has an INCREDIBLE voice & she knows how to use it.. If she had sang this perfect with no mistakes, I don't think anyone would have really cared that much & it would have been labeled as an "okay" performance by many... but alas.. she messed the words up a little.. who cares..
I think "mean & nasty" must be the new black or somethin lol.. okay..off my soapbox..

I guess I'll just smoke my cigarettte & hush..
DJme
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 13:45

Her vocals sounded great; a bit more warbling than I usually go for, but not as much straying from the melody as I'm sure she was tempted to do. I'm a bit disappointed that she screwed up the words to a song almost every American knows in front of the largest audience she'll ever have, mainly 'cuz I'm rooting for her and that flub will clearly feed the haters, but I'll heal.

That being said, a BUSINESS SUIT, at the Superbowl? What the WHAT?! My dear bloggers TLo summed it up best over at http://projectrungay.blogspot.com/ :

"A suit like this is an awfully strange choice for a Superbowl performance - for ANY performance, really, unless that performance is "Miss Christina Aguilera presents ... THE QUARTERLY SHAREHOLDERS' REPORT!!"

Haha, could you IMAGINE??

mdakis2010

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 14:31

interesting comments, when asked about her mistake she said that "I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place,". Nevertheless she is an amazing singer but I think she should have taken the time to rehearse a bit especially for such a large audience. lets take a look at some other singers who also "got caught up in the moment" ..

and

and my favorite

mdakis2010

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 15:31

Quote: Originally posted by 1985  
Quote: Originally posted by mdakis2010  
interesting comments, when asked about her mistake she said that "I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place,". Nevertheless she is an amazing singer but I think she should have taken the time to rehearse a bit especially for such a large audience. lets take a look at some other singers who also "got caught up in the moment" ..

Not sure about J-Hud, but Whitney and Mariah both lipsyched.

haha No offense but can you please pass me some of the crack you have been smoking. lol
djtrini

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 16:20

don't know about anyone else but with whitney it was confirmed all over the place that she recorded the song before she sang it live, for same reason, she did not want to mess it up live...
but i think not all americans know the words to the national anthem, i saw a show once where they had like 50 people sing the song and like 5 new the full lyrics to the song, i knew it as a kid, now I don't believe I know the whole lyrics
RADIOREMIX30

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 16:24

Faith Hill did a great job when she sang! No Lip Sync there :)
RedGalaxy

Mood: Yaasss!

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 17:01

Quote: Originally posted by RADIOREMIX30  
Faith Hill

Ew.
RedGalaxy

Mood: Yaasss!

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 17:03

I didn't even notice the slip; then again, I'm from above the 49th. I just enjoyed her voice.

The half-time show, however, I found to be utter garbage.
chawin

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 17:27

I didn't notice the flub at all well since I am not American and don't know the lyrics. She fixed it very professionally though. Most importantly she sang it live, and even made a player cry.

Anyway, Xtina is performing at Grammys this Sunday, paying tribute to Aretha Franklin alongside Jennifer Hudson. *excited*
chawin

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 17:35

haha No offense but can you please pass me some of the crack you have been smoking. lol

Why would I be offended?

Google is your friend. Whitney and Mariah were liping to playbacks. Sorry.

J-Hud lipped as well. Only Carrie Underwood and Christina sang it live (anyone else?)
nicesegue

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 17:52

Quote: Originally posted by chawin  
J-Hud lipped as well. Only Carrie Underwood and Christina sang it live (anyone else?)

I believe the Dixie Chicks sang live with an incredibly momentous performance that puts them all to shame...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU5AYcAhvyo
mdakis2010

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 19:21

Why would I be offended?

Google is your friend. Whitney and Mariah were liping to playbacks. Sorry.

1985 I apologize for my sarcastic remarks, I just cant believe they lip synced those performances. I guess the joke was on me for thinking they could do it live. Such a shame!
ScorpioBoy

[*] posted on 2/7/2011 at 20:42

Watching her oversing the song to the point of forgetting the proper lyrics I couldn't help to think of Bleeding Gums Murphy from the Simpsons:

jif

[*] posted on 2/8/2011 at 00:52

Actually most if not all the SuperBowl performers sing live over a pre-recorded track. This was confirmed YEARS ago by the head of production for the opening and half time shows when there was a back lash against either Cher or Gloria lip-syncing.
chawin

[*] posted on 2/8/2011 at 01:17

Found this article written by Claude Kelly, one of the songwriters of Bionic.

Xtina & the Superbowl

i keep getting asked what i thought of Christina’s national anthem.

I guess people are looking for me to smear my friend.

Homie don’t play that.

what i will do is put some things into perspective:

Singing live and a capella at the Superbowl is about as hard as it gets…for even the most seasoned performer.

Acoustics are a huge issue. in a stadium that big, sound has to travel much farther than it does when your singing the anthem at your local little league game. This means, you are hearing the echo of your voice several seconds after you actually sing it. which is not normal. its very easy to lose your place, your tempo, and your pitch.

Secondly, whoever the sound engineer was for the entire entertainment portion of the SuperBowl SUCKED. no one sounded their best. Any musician will tell you: a bad engineer = a bad performance.

Thirdly, singing for a stadium full of people, as well millions of viewers is nerve racking. This is why most performers choose to lip sync to prerecorded version.

With that said, its now international news that Xtina flubbed the lyrics, but what i do know for sure is that she always gives her all. while mistakes cant be avoided sometimes, i know her heart was in the right place. Would it have been great if she had given a flawless performance - of course. is it the end of the world? no.

i promise you that someone, somewhere in these great United States will be screwing up our anthem in a much worse way sometime soon.

enjoy your day, and God Bless America :) lol

CK

http://claudekelly.tumblr.com/post/3165662821
frenchy

[*] posted on 2/8/2011 at 08:35

I was just coming in to post about the Dixie Chicks. It was early 2003, right before their huge backlash.

They performed it in San Diego, CA and did, by far, the best job. Lipped or live, still the best rendition, IMO.

off topic - it really pains me that this group was just erased due to that dumb president. Though we all may not agree on what they did, they are however, a great music ... awesome vocals and song selection.
uncledub

[*] posted on 2/8/2011 at 12:12

more off topic, but dixie chicks managed to get an audience outside of america thanks to 'not ready to make nice'. the commercial contemporary and adult contemporary played that song a lot and some of the other songs from that album aswell

Go To Top