Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kutless "What Faith Can Do"
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2/15/2011 at 01:03
Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

Through the years there have been numerous uplifting and inspirational tracks that have been reconstructed into euphoric dance anthems which is why I think Kutless' "What Faith Can Do" would make a formidable dance redux. The track was a success on the Christian Adult Contemporary Chart, the Inspirational/Soft Rock Chart, and the Christian CHR (Pop) Chart and has all the ingredients lyrically and vocally for a very nice powerful dance anthem, heck the original gives me the chills everytime I hear it, because it's such a stellar and emotive track. Years ago before Junior Vasquez did his fierce DMC mix for "Flood" by Jars Of Clay I really didn't think the song would be really feasible for a club mix, but Junior delivered such a masterpiece. Even if the original can't receive the remix treatment I still think a dance remake would be worthy. Since the majority of Georgie Porgie's releases have similiar inspirational messages I think he has the major vocal chops to really deliver the goods along with his remix cohorts at Music Plant Group for a great dance single. If not, perhaps another candidate suited for this track would be Matt Zarley- another talented vocalist who can really give "What Faith Can Do" the makeover it merits especially after hearing his vocal prowess on the acoustic album version of "Here I Am" which Solar City and Love To Infinity remixed to perfection. Another third possible choice would be George Lamond who did a great job with his cover of "Don't Stop Believin'"on Robbins, not to mention the label already has a past of history of quality dance remakes under their belt such as "Faithfully", "I Don't" and "Stay" all by Judy Torres. I know folks from Music Plant and Robbins sometimes peruses this forum, I'm throwing out the possible idea and highly recommend checking out Kutless' "What Faith Can Do" as possible future dance project. Here are the lyrics for this exceptional song:

"What Faith Can Do" Kutless:

Everybody falls sometimes
Gotta find the strength to rise
From the ashes and make a new beginning
Anyone can feel the ache
You think itís more than you can take
But you're stronger, stronger than you know
Donít you give up now
The sun will soon be shining
You gotta face the clouds
To find the silver lining

Iíve seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesnít ever end
Even when the sky is falling
Iíve seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
Thatís what faith can do

It doesnít matter what youíve heard
Impossible is not a word
Itís just a reason for someone not to try
Everybodyís scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
Itíll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing

Iíve seen miracles just happen
Thatís what faith can do

Overcome the odds
You don't have a chance
(Thatís what faith can do)
When the world says you canít
Itíll tell you that you can!

And Iíve seen miracles just happen
Thatís what faith can do
That's what faith can do!
Even if you fall sometimes
You will have the strength to rise

Kutless - What Faith Can Do (Official Music Video):
http://youtu.be/u1JBSQMkQEo
seven702

[*] posted on 2/15/2011 at 10:42

I <3 KUTLESS! What a brilliant idea. The message is powerful and amazing. And it's pretty close to the right bpm for a trance-formation anyway. I'm listening to the trance track Rock Your Dream now. And something like that would be perfect for the song.

Check out my SoundCloud

Or my MixCloud
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/17/2011 at 22:50
What Faith Can Do

Quote: Originally posted by seven702  
I <3 KUTLESS! What a brilliant idea. The message is powerful and amazing. And it's pretty close to the right bpm for a trance-formation anyway. I'm listening to the trance track Rock Your Dream now. And something like that would be perfect for the song.

I definitely agree, a trance reconstruction of this powerful track would definitely sound good on the dancefloor and convey the message even more especially with a nice tight breakdown. Also another production similiar to Rauhofer's anthem for Chicane/Bryan Adams "Don't Give Up" would also work brilliantly. Btw,aside from the vocal recommendations above, I forget to include Jason Walker who can knock this out of the park vocally.
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/15/2017 at 16:47
Dance Redux

Talk about wishfull thinking coming to fruition. Even though I would prefer the original vocals, I was more than elated to stumble upon this fabulous Almighty like dance remix that I stumbled upon:

What Faith Can Do (Remixed):

http://youtu.be/7G1rd2s3rU8

Go To Top