Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle (Remixes) - QUESTIONS
Sandeep

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1/23/2012 at 17:20
Christina Aguilera - Genie In A Bottle (Remixes) - QUESTIONS

Nothing quite like keeping up with hot, fresh and cutting edge music...I've been listening to random old mixes on Spotify the last few days and went through the "Genie In A Bottle" Remixes. I had a few questions, and some random observations:

Eddie Arroyo Dance Mix - he's 100% sampled those beats from somewhere but I can't figure out what. I'm think one of Junior's Mixes, but not 100%. Anyone with good ears wanna chime in?

Riprock 'n' Alex G Extended Club - They ripped the main drum loop from Armand's Spin Spin Sugar, but that main riff sounds incredibly familiar. Did they replay something?

Riprock 'n' Alex G Extended Street Mix - Definite Timbaland samples here! Again, can anyone work out?

Flavio vs. Mad Boris Mix - Absolutely LOVE this mix, very UK Garage-y style. Who are these guys, and did they do anything else?

Thanks!

DeeperBoy

Mood: Swings

[*] posted on 1/24/2012 at 04:51

Quote: Originally posted by Sandeep  
Nothing quite like keeping up with hot, fresh and cutting edge music...I've been listening to random old mixes on Spotify the last few days and went through the "Genie In A Bottle" Remixes. I had a few questions, and some random observations:

Eddie Arroyo Dance Mix - he's 100% sampled those beats from somewhere but I can't figure out what. I'm think one of Junior's Mixes, but not 100%. Anyone with good ears wanna chime in?

Riprock 'n' Alex G Extended Club - They ripped the main drum loop from Armand's Spin Spin Sugar, but that main riff sounds incredibly familiar. Did they replay something?

Riprock 'n' Alex G Extended Street Mix - Definite Timbaland samples here! Again, can anyone work out?

Flavio vs. Mad Boris Mix - Absolutely LOVE this mix, very UK Garage-y style. Who are these guys, and did they do anything else?

Thanks!

I always thought the Riprock club tried to go Paul Van Dyk on the riff... Not the same melody, definitly the same sound as For an angel.

Just music.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
FlowersInTheHair

[*] posted on 1/24/2012 at 05:50

Flavio vs. Mad Boris Mix - I have this one on a special edition of her first album and the booklet doesn't even name the remixers. But I guess it's only on this particular release, maybe singles give more information and then you can check discogs?
Sandeep

[*] posted on 1/24/2012 at 05:55

Already checked all of that.

uncledub

[*] posted on 1/24/2012 at 14:09

the street mix, i'm thinking ginuwine's "pony" but only since he used that womp thing that timbo also used.

on the club mix the whole melodics is based around the "i dream of jeanie" motif, even those trancy synths are doing variations on that when they are not backing up the main motif
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/29/2018 at 21:33
"Genie In A Bottle" 2018

'Genie In A Bottle" (Division 4 Mix):

https://soundcloud.com/division_4/christina-aguilera-genie-in-a-bott...

Btw- In regards to your first query, the other day I was perusing through some of my Eddie Arroyo remixes and I noticed that the
majority of remixes that he did with his programmer Joey Moskowitz sound exactly like a sampled Junior Vasquez production in which Joey was also one of Junior's main programmer for years.
Check out Eddie Arroyo's mixes for boxer Oscar De La Hoya's "Run To Me" which sounds exactly like a Junior Vasquez mix from start to finish.
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

Mood: content

[*] posted on 3/30/2018 at 05:35

Quote: Originally posted by PhillipAnthonyJr  
'Genie In A Bottle" (Division 4 Mix):

https://soundcloud.com/division_4/christina-aguilera-genie-in-a-bott...

This is actually a pretty hot mix, probably the best thing I've heard from Division 4. However, they're being very misleading and deceptive with their description text, with the ©2018 RCA Records, and implying that their remix was officially released yesterday by RCA Records. That's shady, tacky, and dishonest. It's a bootleg remix--nothing more and nothing less. Quit trying to fool fans into thinking otherwise, Division 4! We're onto your scheme.

"Iím not the kind of person that lives for fame and glory. If Iíve got a nice clean home and can put a meal on my table and can entertain my friends, Iím fine. I donít need to see my face plastered everywhere."

Frankie Knuckles (1955-2014)

Go To Top