Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Almighty pres. "We Love Donna Summer"
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5/26/2012 at 23:01
Almighty pres. "We Love Donna Summer"

The folks at Almighty are contemplating a tribute "We Love Donna Summer" signature series ala ("We Love Diana Ross", "We Love Elton John") revamping some of her classics. In the past Almighty has officially remixed Donna's "Carry On", "I Feel Love" and "That's The Way" (which I had no idea about from "The Journey"). To make this release palatable, I really think the Almighty camp should enlist longtime house songtress Michelle Weeks to take on these tracks vocally as evident by the superb job she did with "Heaven Knows" produced by Tony Moran, or try to hunt down Black Dahlia- if you recall she was enlisted by Stonebridge and Robbie Rivera back in the day to tackle "On The Radio", "Hot Stuff" and "Enough Is Enough" with stellar results. Finally speaking of revampings was revisisting Xavier Gold's fab version of "Bad Girls" produced by the Basement Boys, and forgot how fab was the (Sure Is Pure Club Mix) such classic house, I wonder what happened to that team.

Btw-I know this is wishful thinking but I would love for Almighty to take a stab at Sean Ensign & Kristine W.'s redux of "Heaven Knows" produced by the Perry Twins.

http://youtu.be/Jce1yc1sayQ
leecappella

[*] posted on 6/1/2012 at 03:05

I think they should remix Donna but leave Donna's vocals. Noboby does Donna's songs justice but Donna herself. Just remix them fiercly:)
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1/12/2018 at 11:06
7th Heaven Tribute Medley

Speaking of Donna Summer remix tributes, I always wanted remix duo 7th Heaven to
spin their magic on some of her classics, so I was more than elated when I stumbled
upon this fab remix medley which will satisfy me until they remix the real deal one of
these days:

https://m.soundcloud.com/absolute-marketing/05-donna-summer-medley-7...
YankeeMate

Mood: Thriving

[*] posted on 1/19/2018 at 19:56

With all due respect to Donna, I'd like to see some of her 70s contemporaries like Vicki Sue Robinson, Barry White or the Ritchie Family or even 80s Donna-lite Irene Cara receive their modern mixes update and tributes. That said, Donna and Almighty would be hot.
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 1/22/2018 at 01:32
70's Singers

Quote: Originally posted by YankeeMate  
With all due respect to Donna, I'd like to see some of her 70s contemporaries like Vicki Sue Robinson, Barry White or the Ritchie Family or even 80s Donna-lite Irene Cara receive their modern mixes update and tributes. That said, Donna and Almighty would be hot.

And speaking of those Donna Summer 1970's contemporaries that you've mentioned, it's also great that over the years they have remerged with some really fabulous original releases and given the remix treatment by some of our favorite remixers:

Vickie Sue Robinson "House Of Joy" (Junior Vasquez, Razor & Guido rmxs), and my fave "Move On" (Friburn & Urik, Joe Carrano
and Junior Vasquez rmxs)

Barry White "Let The Music Play" (Funkstar Deluxe rmxs)
Irene Cara "All My Heart" (Junior Vasquez & Gomi rmxs)

Ritchie Family "Ice" (Chris Cox rmxs)

And of course this 70's list would not be complete with my all
time favorite France Joli- whose 70's classic hit "Come To Me" was
remixed by Tony Moran and who had a slew of club singles over
the years "Touch" (Junior Vasquez, Spike rmxs), "Breakaway"
(Eddie Baez, Junior Vasquez rmxs..) and more recently her redux
of "Hallelujah" (Julian Marsh, Twisted Dee rmxs...). And finally who could forget Claudja Barry's infectious "I Will" (Tony Moran, DJ Escape rmxs).

Go To Top