Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Toni Braxton Is Done With Music
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2/10/2013 at 01:48
Toni Braxton Is Done With Music

Last week Toni Braxton was on The Wendy Williams Show and shocked Wendy when she announced she's done with music and said the following:

"I don't feel the love for music anymore, it's not affecting me and making me feel that thing I always felt when I always performed ... It's leaving me and I'm not sure what's going on in my life. I'm not sure but I'm a little angry. My heart isn't in it anymore and I hate to say that." She shares, "I'll have to do shows here and there, but I'm not gonna do any albums ... I'm falling out of love with it, it's weird -- I've been trying to listen to songs; record companies have been calling me, so it's a good situation to be in, but I'm not really interested at all."...

hanna barbera
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/10/2013 at 07:04

what will she do ?
BOBO

[*] posted on 2/10/2013 at 08:50

Quote: Originally posted by hanna barbera  
what will she do ?

Play a lesbian on screen!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/08/toni-braxton-announces-re_...

WestEnd

[*] posted on 2/10/2013 at 12:55

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. What a cheap way of generating publicity. And then playing the gay card. *rolls eyes*
vze2jrd4

[*] posted on 2/10/2013 at 17:20

interesting how she was "into" much not that long ago when she released I Heart You - in fact, i'm pretty sure she had been talking about an album that was due to follow. Her last few singles haven't exactly been "unbeak my heart" I just think its funny that she's using her failures as an excuse to say music isn't affecting her...I also find it hard to believe record labels are knocking on her door. Her time is up and she's trying to make it like she's going out on her own terms. LMFAO
Taj
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/10/2013 at 23:59

I can see why she's falling out of love with it. She's amazingly talented and no matter what she puts out she is grossly under-appreciated by the masses it seems! I think she has put her heart into her last few releases only to get it broken by being practically ignored buy the buying public...

Check out my music blog: http://mosuniverse.com/blogs/taj Updated everyday with all of the latest and greatest... And some not-so-greatest too!

PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/15/2013 at 16:37
Fave Toni Braxton Mixes

Quote: Originally posted by Taj  
I can see why she's falling out of love with it. She's amazingly talented and no matter what she puts out she is grossly under-appreciated by the masses it seems! I think she has put her heart into her last few releases only to get it broken by being practically ignored buy the buying public...

Ditto, I share the same sentiments. Over the years, even some remixers have disapeared from the scene because they were not feeling the passion for today's music and no longer feel inspired to put their heart in remixing- similiar to what Nic Mercy posted awhile back when someone asked what happened to him and why he was not remixing steadily anymore. Just like Nic, hopefully when Toni feels inspired by
something she'll be back. As her more recent material, it's
too bad "Yesterday" didn't merit the attention it deserved
especially the Fred Falk mix. Speaking of her farewell and remixes, here's my top 5 remixes in no particular order:

"I Don't Want To" (Frankie Knuckles Franctified Club Mix)
Hands down one of my all time favorite Knuckles productions
ever, superbly sublime from start to finish. Eddie Baez's DMC
mix was a close second, but was irked he did not use the full
vocals.

"Spanish Guitar" (Hex Hector/Mac Quayle Club Mix) From the
various remixes, it was all about HQ2's slammin mix especially
the lush Mac Quayle & Tony Aliperti's guitar breakdown and
then the way it exquisitely builds back into a thundering
crescendo.

"You're Makin' Me High" (David Morales Classic Mix)
Like his magic synergy with Mariah, Morales and Toni was a match made in heaven with this fierce mix for this track, a
true Def mix classic that took you on an aural house journey.

"He Wasn't Man Enough" (Peter Rauhofer NYC Club Mix)
Back in the day I kept going back and forth between Junior
Vasquez's Marathon Mix and Peter's. But eventually Rauhofer's epic mix really won me over and is one of Peter's best in the same calibre as his NYC mix for Whitney's "Love
That Man", oh how I wish Rauhofer could deliver this type
of magic today compared to his recent tepid mixes.

"Un-Break My Heart". (Junior Vasquez DMC Mix)
Of course the classic Soul Hex and accompanied Frankie Knuckles remixes were the indelible mixes for this track,
but I still relish for Junior Vasquez's fierce DMC mix in all
it's grandeur and one of my earliest DMC aquisitions along
with his DMC mix for Deborah Cox's "Who Do U Love".

Finally, it's too bad Toni's "How Could Angel Break Your Heart" never received some proper club mixes - it's probably
one my favorite Toni tracks. There was some bootleg mixes
but some official mixes would have been divine. I remember
back in the day there a rumor that Soul Solution did a demo
mix similiar to the structure of their remix for Aliyah's "The One Gave My Heart To" but there was no viable confirmation.
Eddie

[*] posted on 2/15/2013 at 17:13

Quote: Originally posted by PhillipAnthonyJr  

Finally, it's too bad Toni's "How Could Angel Break Your Heart" never received some proper club mixes - it's probably one my favorite Toni tracks. There was some bootleg mixes but some official mixes would have been divine. I remember back in the day there a rumor that Soul Solution did a demo mix similiar to the structure of their remix for Aliyah's "The One Gave My Heart To" but there was no viable confirmation.

A demo of that Soul Solution mix does exist. It clocks in at 9:12.

It's good, but not as brilliant as their Aaliyah mix. That was spectacular.

The story I had heard was that Toni wasn't able to go back into the studio to do new vocals for it and that was why it remains unreleased.

Find your freedom in the music
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/16/2013 at 11:30

Quote: Originally posted by Eddie  

Finally, it's too bad Toni's "How Could Angel Break Your Heart" never received some proper club mixes - it's probably one my favorite Toni tracks. There was some bootleg mixes but some official mixes would have been divine. I remember back in the day there a rumor that Soul Solution did a demo mix similiar to the structure of their remix for Aliyah's "The One Gave My Heart To" but there was no viable confirmation.

The story I had heard was that Toni wasn't able to go back into the studio to do new vocals for it and that was why it remains unreleased.

Thanks for the confirmation, it's too bad it's not in the same calibre as their masterpiece mix for Aliyah's, since "How Could An Angel Break Your Heart" is one of Toni's best vocally and lyrically that merited a proper anthem especially with the contribution of Kenny G. behind some killer synths and formidable beats. Those Brazilian mixes by Cucu were too demure for such an emotive track. Finally, forgot to mention two more faves that I forgot to list above, "Hit The Freeway" (X-Union Mix) and Manny Lehman's mix for "Take This Ring".
Taj
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 2/16/2013 at 14:46

Ditto, I share the same sentiments. Over the years, even some remixers have disapeared from the scene because they were not feeling the passion for today's music and no longer feel inspired to put their heart in remixing- similiar to what Nic Mercy posted awhile back when someone asked what happened to him and why he was not remixing steadily anymore. Just like Nic, hopefully when Toni feels inspired by
something she'll be back. As her more recent material, it's
too bad "Yesterday" didn't merit the attention it deserved
especially the Fred Falk mix. Speaking of her farewell and remixes, here's my top 5 remixes in no particular order:

"I Don't Want To" (Frankie Knuckles Franctified Club Mix)
Hands down one of my all time favorite Knuckles productions
ever, superbly sublime from start to finish. Eddie Baez's DMC
mix was a close second, but was irked he did not use the full
vocals.

"Spanish Guitar" (Hex Hector/Mac Quayle Club Mix) From the
various remixes, it was all about HQ2's slammin mix especially
the lush Mac Quayle & Tony Aliperti's guitar breakdown and
then the way it exquisitely builds back into a thundering
crescendo.

"You're Makin' Me High" (David Morales Classic Mix)
Like his magic synergy with Mariah, Morales and Toni was a match made in heaven with this fierce mix for this track, a
true Def mix classic that took you on an aural house journey.

"He Wasn't Man Enough" (Peter Rauhofer NYC Club Mix)
Back in the day I kept going back and forth between Junior
Vasquez's Marathon Mix and Peter's. But eventually Rauhofer's epic mix really won me over and is one of Peter's best in the same calibre as his NYC mix for Whitney's "Love
That Man", oh how I wish Rauhofer could deliver this type
of magic today compared to his recent tepid mixes.

"Un-Break My Heart". (Junior Vasquez DMC Mix)
Of course the classic Soul Hex and accompanied Frankie Knuckles remixes were the indelible mixes for this track,
but I still relish for Junior Vasquez's fierce DMC mix in all
it's grandeur and one of my earliest DMC aquisitions along
with his DMC mix for Deborah Cox's "Who Do U Love".

Finally, it's too bad Toni's "How Could Angel Break Your Heart" never received some proper club mixes - it's probably
one my favorite Toni tracks. There was some bootleg mixes
but some official mixes would have been divine. I remember
back in the day there a rumor that Soul Solution did a demo
mix similiar to the structure of their remix for Aliyah's "The One Gave My Heart To" but there was no viable confirmation.

I agree whole-heartedly about "Yesterday"! Such an amazing song... It should have been massive hit. If Rihanna would have released it, it probably would have been a top 10 (or #1)! Sad that the audiences are that close minded and can't appreciate a good song for being a good song without taking the "image factor" into consideration when deciding what's "good" or not!

Check out my music blog: http://mosuniverse.com/blogs/taj Updated everyday with all of the latest and greatest... And some not-so-greatest too!

RedGalaxy

Mood: Yaasss!

[*] posted on 2/16/2013 at 19:48

I agree. And I'd say the exact same thing about Jewel.
deltablues2

Mood: spinning

[*] posted on 4/20/2013 at 23:56

You can say whatever you want about her career taking a turn into the wall but she's an incredible singer and doesn't sound like everyone else. She's had a hard time for years producing memorable music and the getting people to listen to it. Things had been looking up for her recently with "I Heart You" being a perfectly respectable song.

I hate that she might not be recording again but I certainly understand if she's tired of wasting her time. She hasn't been given proper respect in a long time. She can still perform live anytime she pleases so fans can still enjoy her. And maybe we'll still get a single once in a while.

PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

party-smiley-017.gif posted on 5/1/2018 at 01:09
Finally

Quote: Originally posted by Eddie  

After all these years I finally stumbled upon the elusive mix which has just found it's way on to Soundcloud, though I wish it was better quality. Nevertheless, this was my very first time hearing
it and it was much better than expected especially being demo and what the team had to work with in terms of vocals. Also if you listen to the mix carefully it sounds like a restructured/recycled from their fab epic mix of "My Heart Will Go On" similar to what Tony Moran did when he used the skeletal structure for his unreleased mix for Whitney's "You'll Never Stand Alone" and later used for Elle Patrice's "Emotions". Here's the link:

https://soundcloud.com/caio-conceicao-2/toni-braxton-how-could-an-an...

Btw- this vintage post is amusing, considering that Toni got her
mojo back and returned to dance music with her new infectious
single "Coping". LOL!
MC54

[*] posted on 5/1/2018 at 13:00

I need "Long As I Live" remixes from her.... yesterday.
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9/25/2018 at 10:13

Quote: Originally posted by MC54  

"Long As I Live" (Lehay Garage Mix):

https://m.soundcloud.com/lehleh/toni-braxton-long-as-i-live-lehay-ga...
MC54

[*] posted on 9/25/2018 at 13:08

Quote: Originally posted by MC54  

"Long As I Live" (Lehay Garage Mix):

[url]https://m.soundcloud.com/lehleh/toni-braxton-long-as-i-live-lehay-garage-remix
[/url]

Oh, I heard it... no bueno. Just a sped up original with a garage beat over it. Yikes. I was really hoping it would've gotten the "Coping" treatment and several producers would take it on.

Go To Top