Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Kristine W. - New & Number Ones (Club Mixes), Pt. 2
Eddie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8/5/2013 at 16:56
Kristine W. - New & Number Ones (Club Mixes), Pt. 2

This is planned to be released on August 27. It is available for pre-order and previewing on iTunes.

Tracklisting:
1. Lovin' You (Soul Seekers Club Mix) 7:57
2. Happiness (Twilight Club Mix) 8:39
3. Love Come Home (Kristine W. & Frankie Pharoah vs. Bitrocka Epic Duet Mix) 8:40
4. Everything That I Got (Offer Nissim's Tel Aviv Mix) 5:54
5. Clubland (Junior Vasquez Big Horns Club Mix) 7:59
6. Sometimes Like Butterflies (Simon Langford and Soul Seekers Summer Club Mix) 8:17
7. Stand in Love (Stonebridge Alternate Radio Mix) 3:26
8. Shower the People (Welcome & Joe Carano Vegas Nightclub Mix) 6:31
9. Sweet Mercy Me (Junior Vasquez Icon Club Mix) 9:13
10. Wonder of It All (Joe Carano Progressive Club Mix) 10:23
11. So Close to Me (Tony Moran Destination Mixshow Mix) 6:16

The Offer Nissim mix of "Everything That I Got" was made available for purchase a few months ago.

The Junior Vasquez "Clubland" mix is one of several previously unreleased ones.

The full Welcome & Joe Carrano "Shower The People" mix had been made available if you purchased the "Everything That I Got" CD single from Kristine's website last year.

The Joe Carrano mix of "The Wonder Of It All" was apparently released on a very rare CD promo.

Find your freedom in the music
bertrand
Administrator

Mood: Green

[*] posted on 8/5/2013 at 17:18

Oh cool, I was wondering where the Soul Seekerz Club Mix of Lovin' You will show up. I'm disappointed in the lack of Subgroover here as his works from part 1 were the definite standouts, but hopefully one or more of these Jr/Carrano things from the faults will be good!

_________________________________ _______
|Energy Club House Playlists:
(Current)(Archive)|
|Bit Error - Discography|Energy 98 - Move to it! |

|Bit Error on Facebook|____|Follow on HearThis|
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

Mood: content

[*] posted on 8/6/2013 at 00:22

Quote: Originally posted by Eddie  

The Joe Carrano mix of "The Wonder Of It All" was apparently released on a very rare CD promo.

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure his mixes were never released anywhere, maybe cuz they couldn't clear the Rollo sample/riff he used? Anyway, the original remix titles were Joe Carrano Wikked Club Mix (10:31), Radio Edit (3:54) and Show (6:51) + TV Tracks for the latter two. What an AMAZING tracklisting btw for this release, cannot WAIT to buy my copy on CD! How on earth did they track down the Jr mix of Sweet Mercy Me as a lossless wav? There's been so-o-o-o-o many LQ mixshow rips and bad re-edits of this remix over the years, it's not even funny. PerfectBeat had one for sale years ago, and it was a terrible low-quality muffled sounding file, as if it came from a cassette rip or something - just embarassing. Hopefully the quality control on this release will be as perfect as Part 1 was! I was almost hoping for more versions of "Busted" cuz that was my favorite song from her album & Pt 1 - the Digital Dog mix is just so catchy and the songwriting is really clever too.
Eddie

[*] posted on 8/6/2013 at 01:08

Quote: Originally posted by DJMichaelAngelo  

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure his mixes were never released anywhere, maybe cuz they couldn't clear the Rollo sample/riff he used? Anyway, the original remix titles were Joe Carrano Wikked Club Mix (10:31), Radio Edit (3:54) and Show (6:51) + TV Tracks for the latter two. What an AMAZING tracklisting btw for this release, cannot WAIT to buy my copy on CD! How on earth did they track down the Jr mix of Sweet Mercy Me as a lossless wav? There's been so-o-o-o-o many LQ mixshow rips and bad re-edits of this remix over the years, it's not even funny. PerfectBeat had one for sale years ago, and it was a terrible low-quality muffled sounding file, as if it came from a cassette rip or something - just embarassing. Hopefully the quality control on this release will be as perfect as Part 1 was! I was almost hoping for more versions of "Busted" cuz that was my favorite song from her album & Pt 1 - the Digital Dog mix is just so catchy and the songwriting is really clever too.

I saw a listing at this fansite which claimed its existence. It listed a catalog number of TB 2462-0 and said it was a test pressing CD that was unreleased, but I did some digging and the catalog number matches another release, but I assumed it could either be a mistake, or it's totally fake.

It may exist and it never ever circulated.

These were the versions they claimed were on it, which match the ones you mentioned above. I came across these mixes a few years ago:

1. JOE CARRANO WICKED RADIO EDIT
2. JOE CARRANO WICKED RADIO TV EDIT
3. JOE CARRANO WICKED SHOW MIX
4. JOE CARRANO WICKED TV SHOW MIX
5. JOE CARRANO WICKED KLUB MIX

Regarding the Junior mix of "Sweet Mercy Me", I listened to the preview that was on iTunes and it didn't sound that clear. I didn't buy the one they had on PerfectBeat way back when they sold it, but I remember the preview they had and it sounded muffled, kind of like this one. The length of the one on this new album matches the one they had. There is this other longer Junior mix someone uploaded on Soundcloud. which sounds clearer. I don't know how different that one is production-wise from the one sold previously.

If that is really the same mix sourced from the same place, I do hope it's possible for a better quality rip to replace that one before the release happens.

DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8/6/2013 at 08:39

I saw a listing at this fansite which claimed its existence. It listed a catalog number of TB 2462-0 and said it was a test pressing CD that was unreleased, but I did some digging and the catalog number matches another release, but I assumed it could either be a mistake, or it's totally fake.

It may exist and it never ever circulated.

These were the versions they claimed were on it, which match the ones you mentioned above. I came across these mixes a few years ago:

1. JOE CARRANO WICKED RADIO EDIT
2. JOE CARRANO WICKED RADIO TV EDIT
3. JOE CARRANO WICKED SHOW MIX
4. JOE CARRANO WICKED TV SHOW MIX
5. JOE CARRANO WICKED KLUB MIX

Regarding the Junior mix of "Sweet Mercy Me", I listened to the preview that was on iTunes and it didn't sound that clear. I didn't buy the one they had on PerfectBeat way back when they sold it, but I remember the preview they had and it sounded muffled, kind of like this one. The length of the one on this new album matches the one they had. There is this other longer Junior mix someone uploaded on Soundcloud. which sounds clearer. I don't know how different that one is production-wise from the one sold previously.

If that is really the same mix sourced from the same place, I do hope it's possible for a better quality rip to replace that one before the release happens.

aaaaahhhh - fascinating! and LOVE all those links, thanks! I could've sworn I had the mix from that Soundcloud link (that matches its pretty-good quality) but now I can't find it. But I'm listening to the 9:14-length Junior mix they sold on Perfect Beat years ago, and it's as wretched as I remember *lol* Somebody went and sped up the whole track from Bb to like B-major or whatever - how this happened I have no idea. I dug up the old email I sent to PB right after buying their SMM mix....yeah it's a little bitchy, but hey at least I got my money back for the purchase *lol*

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:40pm
    To: orders@perfectbeat.com, PerfectBeat@perfectbeat.com, customer-service@perfectbeat.com, support@perfectbeat.com
    Subject: order #18746

I'd like a partial refund on order #18746 from just a couple hours ago. The "Junior Vasquez Club Mix" is a JOKE and I could write multiple paragraphs at how flawed this file is.

To begin with, the sound quality is not 320 kbps as advertised, it sounds like around 112 kbps bumped-up artificially to 320 kbps.More importantly though, there are a couple points in the track where there's a BIG glitch, and I'm trying to figure out if it's a download error, or if your original file from KW's camp was corrupted and you guys just didn't notice it.

The Junior Vasquez Club Mix of "Sweet Mercy Me" is 9:14 long. At around 3:54 there's a big sound-quality shift, like a little "hiccup", and ditto at the 7:43 mark. What's going on? Other embarassing "goofs" include a clumsy looped intro which isn't even in a standard 32/32 format, and the ending being suddenly cut off mid-beat.

More importantly, somebody pitched up the file to 131 BPM, when Junior's actual mix of this song is around 127 BPM. All in all, this is an amazingly frustrating experience for me, buying what I thought to be a perfect digital-quality copy of this rare mix, only to be so badly disappointed on so many levels.

Can you guys actually look into getting a better quality copy of this? If not, I would suggest removing it from your site. And whatever else, I'd definitely like a refund - this track I purchased from this order is worthless to me, and far far below the standards I've come to expect from Perfect Beat.

Mike

Now see if KW's camp *really* wanted to "wow" her long-time fans, they'd patch things up with Paul Andrews, pay him for HIS remix of "Sweet Mercy Me" (maybe not as much as he would've gotten from Champion UK back in the day, but whatever) and then put THAT on the CD instead. His remix was the best out of that entire package in my opinion, even better than Eddie Baez' or Razor & Guido's. Plus I think it's the only one to include the 3rd verse lyrics ("for if I were a rebel, and you were my cause..." etc). All the other mixes left out those vocals, except for Junior's who did include them, but all filtered/metal sounding.

https://soundcloud.com/paul-andrews-2/sweet-mercy-me-paul-andrews
Eddie

[*] posted on 8/6/2013 at 17:46

aaaaahhhh - fascinating! and LOVE all those links, thanks! I could've sworn I had the mix from that Soundcloud link (that matches its pretty-good quality) but now I can't find it. But I'm listening to the 9:14-length Junior mix they sold on Perfect Beat years ago, and it's as wretched as I remember *lol* Somebody went and sped up the whole track from Bb to like B-major or whatever - how this happened I have no idea. I dug up the old email I sent to PB right after buying their SMM mix....yeah it's a little bitchy, but hey at least I got my money back for the purchase *lol*

One would think that they would try their best to select the best quality rips of something rare like that before putting it out there. Especially when they put all those rare mixes from the vault on PerfectBeat, and now with this new album it appears to be the very same copy. Some of us have been waiting 15+ years for these mixes and would gladly pay for it if it were made available. A good quality copy must surely exist somewhere.

Now see if KW's camp *really* wanted to "wow" her long-time fans, they'd patch things up with Paul Andrews, pay him for HIS remix of "Sweet Mercy Me" (maybe not as much as he would've gotten from Champion UK back in the day, but whatever) and then put THAT on the CD instead. His remix was the best out of that entire package in my opinion, even better than Eddie Baez' or Razor & Guido's. Plus I think it's the only one to include the 3rd verse lyrics ("for if I were a rebel, and you were my cause..." etc). All the other mixes left out those vocals, except for Junior's who did include them, but all filtered/metal sounding.

I like the Paul Andrews mix for that 3rd verse too.

Other than that, I have liked the Junior mix and that Bobby Slate version which was a mashup with the instrumental from the Junior "Rocket Man" mix.

PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 8/7/2013 at 10:23

I know licensing is sometimes a stumbling block for remix compilations like this, but I was really hoping to see Tony Moran's mix for "Land Of The Living" to finally see the light of the day on this particular release as opposed to some b-side on some future cd single release, nevertheless it looks like a really good release and gratefully elated that Kristine W.'s camp still releases hard CD format in lieu of digital only.
Finally, in regards "Sweet Mercy Me", it's too bad Dekkard's mixes never came to fruition commercially over the years. Here's an old post from remixer Dekkard regarding these elusive remixes:

Posted by Dekkard on June 14, 1998 at 21:44:26:

"Just thought i would mention that Champion will be releasing a new 12" and cd single of "Sweet MErcy Me". They have been waiting on me (sorry) to complete my mixes of it. I turned it in about June 7th so it shouldnt be too much longer. Hope you guys like em ...I will be meeting with Krisitne here in New York to discuss doing some work for her album, thanks for all the support from all of you who like what we've done."

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/TheLounge/archives/messages/47160.html
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 8/31/2013 at 08:27

I just bought this from KW's Bandcamp: http://kristinew.bandcamp.com/album/new-number-ones-club-mixes-part...
Seems like the best deal around unless you want a physical CD :)

(Current)(Archive)|

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9/17/2013 at 09:23

oh dear - I just got the physical CD in the mail today, and "Sweet Mercy Me" is as bad as it could possibly sound - did NO ONE from Kristine's camp even listen to this track before signing off on it? How could a sound file that's so BADLY flawed, of such poor quality, make it through so many sets of ears, to be finally released on disc?

1) mp3-sourced wav
2) extremely LQ too, sounds like maybe 96 kbps, and muffled like it was lifted directly from cassette tape, or recorded live in a club
3) glitch at 3:54, a weird sound quality "hiccup" and then another identical glitch at 7:43
4) the entire track is puzzlingly pitched up by one entire half-step, so she's singing in a higher key (127 BPM to 131 BPM)
5) clumsy looped intro with the same 32-count looped THREE TIMES in a row and badly edited

I'm so disappointed in KW's camp for such poor quality control, I have half a mind to return this for my money back. Fortunately the other tracks make it worth the purchase price, but WOW - this "Sweet Mercy Me" is just an embarassing mistake! There's so many better sounding rips out there, how could they not seek out one of those (they could've asked me - I have one that's 10x higher quality!) Or go straight to the source and ask Junior for his original lossless wav master of the mix, would that have been so hard?

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4890346
Hey Music Lover

[*] posted on 9/17/2013 at 10:15

Or go straight to the source and ask Junior for his original lossless wav master of the mix, would that have been so hard?

[url]http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=4890346
[/url]

It might be. I was told that Junior "lost" a lot of his masters a few years ago.
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 9/17/2013 at 12:09

Quote: Originally posted by Hey Music Lover  
It might be. I was told that Junior "lost" a lot of his masters a few years ago.

This one's definitely not lost.

(Current)(Archive)|

Jake

Mood: DJ MusikDawg

[*] posted on 9/17/2013 at 14:49

Just had to mention, DJ MichaelAngelo, g-d bless you for writing that very (unintentionally) funny letter to PerfectBeat complaining about the bad product. I purchased a file back in the day that was signicantly flawed and I wrote a nice email asking for them to look into it, and...nothing.

Back to the thread, I can't wait to get this.
Would have loved it if the Escape 2 Gomi dub of Wonder of it All would have some how found it's way on a CD. So amazing!
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/1/2014 at 18:54
Sweet Mercy Me 2014

Speaking of "Sweet Mercy Me" above, apparently Eddie Baez has done a 2014 revamping in which he recently posted a snippet:

https://soundcloud.com/dj-eddi-baz/kristine-w-sweet-mercy-me
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/1/2014 at 19:29

Quote: Originally posted by PhillipAnthonyJr  
Speaking of "Sweet Mercy Me" above, apparently Eddie Baez has done a 2014 revamping in which he recently posted a snippet:

[url]https://soundcloud.com/dj-eddi-baz/kristine-w-sweet-mercy-me
[/url]

awesome! listening now - thanks
Leon

[*] posted on 3/1/2014 at 23:11

Quote: Originally posted by PhillipAnthonyJr  

[url]https://soundcloud.com/dj-eddi-baz/kristine-w-sweet-mercy-me
[/url]

HOT!!! This has to be released!

Looking for lossless copies:

Faithless "God Is A DJ" Anthony Acid Mixes
PhillipAnthonyJr
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 9/26/2018 at 12:19
Paul Andrews

One would think that they would try their best to select the best quality rips of something rare like that before putting it out there. Especially when they put all those rare mixes from the vault on PerfectBeat, and now with this new album it appears to be the very same copy. Some of us have been waiting 15+ years for these mixes and would gladly pay for it if it were made available. A good quality copy must surely exist somewhere.

I like the Paul Andrews mix for that 3rd verse too.

Other than that, I have liked the Junior mix and that Bobby Slate version which was a mashup with the instrumental from the Junior "Rocket Man" mix.

Speaking of this fabulous and elusive mix, glad to see it sill appears in all it's extended glory at his hearthisAt page:

https://hearthis.at/paulandrews/1997-sweet-mercy-me/

Go To Top