Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cher "I Walk Alone" remix package
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

Mood: content

[*] posted on 3/4/2014 at 23:56
Cher "I Walk Alone" remix package

This will be the newest single from our beloved diva, with official remixes coming soon! Some of the possible names include Dani Vars & Jam Limmat, Wawa, Sem Thomasson, Serving Ovahness, and Alvar & Millas....plus hopefully many more!

DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/4/2014 at 23:59

rljnunez

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3/5/2014 at 04:55

Nice!! Can't wait! Too bad there won't be any more videos from this album/era though..
Magic Poison

[*] posted on 3/5/2014 at 10:13

I had no idea P!nk did backing vocals on this song.

I'm excited for the remixes! I Walk Alone was one of my favorites from Closer to the Truth.
DJW

[*] posted on 3/5/2014 at 10:50

"I Walk Alone" is thee stand out track.

skylark57

[*] posted on 3/5/2014 at 12:16

The pictures above are fan-made so this song will only feature Pink on backing vocals, not as a duet. IMO: this song is near pefect and only needs an extended mix. And if radio will support her, has no need to feature Pink.

This is Cher at her best, in a pop-rock environment that hopefully remixers will take into consideration. And it definitely doesn't need ANY vocal effects! Can't wait! FYI: I Hope You Find It enters BB Top 30 AC at #24 this week. :dancing:Finally!
tp2k

[*] posted on 3/5/2014 at 12:24

Is this for all territories?

7th Heaven have remixed Red for the UK, and I'd have thought that was an international single?
bertrand
Administrator

Mood: Green

[*] posted on 3/5/2014 at 14:19

Quote: Originally posted by skylark57  
IMO: this song is near pefect and only needs an extended mix.

Done :) Coming soon!

_________________________________ _______
|Energy Club House Playlists:
(Current)(Archive)|
|Bit Error - Discography|Energy 98 - Move to it! |

|Bit Error on Facebook|____|Follow on HearThis|
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
skylark57

[*] posted on 3/6/2014 at 22:22
Red, 7th Heaven Club Mix

Quote: Originally posted by tp2k  

7th Heaven have remixed Red for the UK, and I'd have thought that was an international single?

Wow! Surprised since "I Walk Alone" was released "just in U.K." in Jan., getting great airplay attention, but no promo or video (only a Radio Edit cd release). Is there a story / link where we can read about Red's pick and remix? Any idea on release date. . .

Anyway, IWA as a single vanished in the U.K. - so I'm pleasantly surprised about "Red". Hopefully, they'll do a lot more for this track. IMO: 7th Heaven's mixes are becoming a bit predictable lately so I hope they'll do something fierce, minus vocal effects. It remains to be seen then if "Red" will be released in the U.S. since the next track here is "I Walk Alone". Double-sided single? :salud:
cherhappy

[*] posted on 3/12/2014 at 08:51

his Friday #BILLBOARD is premiering (soon to be released) my latest remix of @cher new single "I WALK ALONE". I'm over the moon! #ICON #FEROSH — with Orlando Puerta and Tracy Young II.
cherhappy

[*] posted on 3/14/2014 at 09:00

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5937496/cher-i-w...
Lümmel

[*] posted on 3/14/2014 at 10:25

:party:

I#M real excited about that one
MC54

[*] posted on 3/14/2014 at 13:39

I used to love her remixes, but this tired gay-circuit party sound is getting redundant.
skylark57

[*] posted on 3/14/2014 at 14:14

I'm putting all my hopes on the "OtherView Extended Mix". It's said to be one of two mixes that pretty much stays true to the album version (banjo included) but runs at 5:42
discodan

[*] posted on 3/18/2014 at 07:00

https://soundcloud.com/morlando/cher-i-walk-alone-soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/jrmxmusic/cher-i-walk-alone-jrmx
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/18/2014 at 10:59

that JRMX remix is hawt! here's a couple more remix previews:

skylark57

[*] posted on 3/18/2014 at 12:08

The earlier Downtown Remix on here was a very lively one. From the two above, I'd have to go with the always noisy but interesting "Funk Generation" Radio Mix. Almost as interesting as the original version of this song and a much better attempt then the mix for I Hope You Find It. So glad all of these are finally arriving.
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 3/19/2014 at 10:05

Digitally delivered...

Tracy Young Ferosh Reconstruction Remix 6:16
Tracy Young Ferosh Reconstruction DUB 6:16
JRMX DownTown Club 6:39
JRMX DownTown Dub 6:39
Funk Generation & H3dRush Extended 6:27
Morlando Club Mix 5:17

(Current)(Archive)|

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Mister

Mood: Houselicious!

[*] posted on 3/29/2014 at 02:34

Finally an AMAZING official remix! :dancing::heil::party:

Let me tell you something about house music. It's not just a groove, house music is a feeling and when you feel it, you will understand that house music is freedom. If you feel nothing it's not house music!

DJ Mister Official Website: http://mlinopaula.wix.com/djmister

DJ Mister's My Space: http://www.myspace.com/clubhitsmister
desenchanntee
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/29/2014 at 06:56

OMG, Guy Scheiman is the best one!! :apl:

And if you don't like it f*ck YOU!
skylark57

[*] posted on 3/29/2014 at 14:55

Guy Scheiman Mix :rock: - now this one is different! Worth watching to see what the final mix will be like.
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/29/2014 at 19:14

Quote: Originally posted by desenchanntee  

how can you say that? it has the same bassline for almost an entire minute! where's the actual MUSIC for this song? chords, keys, etc? plus that silly indulgent part after the verse with that annoying circuit/EDM bleepity-bloppity nonsense instead of getting into the CHORUS - Guy did the same thing with his Amy Grant remix for "You Are Not Alone" which otherwise I found brilliant, he used actual real MUSIC in that mix (which I actually played out last night at a DJ gig) - I've liked a few of his mixes over the last couple years (Kristine W "Fade" being another one) but this Cher abortion has a long way to go to be musically impressive, cuz it sure isn't now
Taj
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/31/2014 at 01:06

Quote: Originally posted by DJMichaelAngelo  

how can you say that? it has the same bassline for almost an entire minute! where's the actual MUSIC for this song? chords, keys, etc? plus that silly indulgent part after the verse with that annoying circuit/EDM bleepity-bloppity nonsense instead of getting into the CHORUS - Guy did the same thing with his Amy Grant remix for "You Are Not Alone" which otherwise I found brilliant, he used actual real MUSIC in that mix (which I actually played out last night at a DJ gig) - I've liked a few of his mixes over the last couple years (Kristine W "Fade" being another one) but this Cher abortion has a long way to go to be musically impressive, cuz it sure isn't now

I don't understand why you would call a production that changes the structure of the song "indulgent"?! I remember you saying the same of Cosmic Dawn's mix of "If I Were Your Man". The whole point of a remix is to "re-mix" the song and take liberties such as changing the song structure, the chords, keys, ect… Not just a rework that always stays true to the original. I personally prefer the remixes that take such liberties over the lazy productions that simply uses the original song's stems with a new beat behind them. I enjoy instrumental "drops" in remix and don't find them "indulgent" or "sac-relgious" at all! If I wanted the straight song in tacit as is, I could always listen to the original…

Check out my music blog: http://mosuniverse.com/blogs/taj Updated everyday with all of the latest and greatest... And some not-so-greatest too!

Klimis Ioannidis

[*] posted on 3/31/2014 at 02:32

Quote: Originally posted by Taj  

I don't understand why you would call a production that changes the structure of the song "indulgent"?! I remember you saying the same of Cosmic Dawn's mix of "If I Were Your Man". The whole point of a remix is to "re-mix" the song and take liberties such as changing the song structure, the chords, keys, ect… Not just a rework that always stays true to the original. I personally prefer the remixes that take such liberties over the lazy productions that simply uses the original song's stems with a new beat behind them. I enjoy instrumental "drops" in remix and don't find them "indulgent" or "sac-relgious" at all! If I wanted the straight song in tacit as is, I could always listen to the original…

Exactly, but the real issue here is when you are close minded and absolute about your opinions. But there is one fact here for sure, the word remix comes with the idea of a new production as a whole and everything is allowed to happen in this transformation. Now if it will work more than something else is an other story.
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 3/31/2014 at 08:51

I'm always absolute about my opinions, because they're usually right ;) I don't have a huge problem with a remix "changing up the structure, chords, keys, etc" to a certain degree, like you said. What I do have a problem with is remixers who put themselves and their ego above the actual song itself and its structure, pacing, etc. Let me explain. When the remixer cares more about his own hyped-up electro-mess breakdowns and minute after minute of EDM nonsense, at the expense of the actual song itself that he's supposed to be remixing, then we've got a problem.

The cardinal rule of remixing a pop record is to remain faithful to the SONG itself. That means don't throw 1/2 the lyrics out the window, just cuz you're too lazy to finish the remix (that's a huge disrespect to the songwriter, the artist, and especially the listener). It also means don't interrupt the flow of the song by inserting a minute of useless bleepity-bloppities anywhere you feel like it - that's another pet peeve of casual listeners. I can't say this enough: it doesn't matter who the artist is or the remixer, the first priority in any pop remix is song, song, SONG!!! If that makes me close-minded then so be it, I've been called worse ;)
skylark57

sad.gif posted on 3/31/2014 at 19:26
7th Heaven joins the line-up

http://www.7hproductions.com/cher-walks-alone-with-7th-heaven/

7th Heaven have remixed the current Cher single in the US entitled ‘I Walk Alone’ for Warner Bros. It is one of favourite tracks on her latest album so it was a thrill when her management asked us to create a radio dance version. That and the 7th Heaven Club Mix are to be club promoted to DJs in the US shortly. All Cher fans are seriously going to love this!

I'd love to know what the hell happened to "Red" for the U.K. And while I'm at it, why a DANCE radio version of IWA, unless they're actually going to do "promotion" at Top 40?
Jake

Mood: DJ MusikDawg

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 08:01

Where did Take It Like a Man end up on the Club Play chart?
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 08:36

The cardinal rule of remixing a pop record is to remain faithful to the SONG itself.

Says who? Obviously no producer is going to please everyone, and you can dislike 'unfaithful' remixes all you want... but calling these artists egotistical and lazy is just plain wrong when it's you who doesn't like the genre.

(Current)(Archive)|

workitout

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 08:41

Quote: Originally posted by Jake  
Where did Take It Like a Man end up on the Club Play chart?

*PEAKS*

US Hot Dance Club Songs - 2
US Dance/Electronic Songs - 23
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 09:30

Quote: Originally posted by bertrand  
The cardinal rule of remixing a pop record is to remain faithful to the SONG itself.

Says who? Obviously no producer is going to please everyone, and you can dislike 'unfaithful' remixes all you want... but calling these artists egotistical and lazy is just plain wrong when it's you who doesn't like the genre.

"producer" ---> *remixer
"artists" ---> *remixers
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 09:59

"producer" ---> *remixer
"artists" ---> *remixers

I don't really think there's a relevant distinction here. And this isn't the first time something like this happens. Remember speed garage? Was Armand Van Helden being 'lazy' and 'egotistical' too? Are breakdancers lazy and egotistical because they can't do pointe?

(Current)(Archive)|

scott

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 14:18

I have been reading this forum daily for 15 years now and I don't often post....but I am going to say something that most readers might not agree with....I agree with Mike on this point.

My reason for thinking this style of mixing needs to change is that when you hear most of these EDM mixes now you can't pick the song unless there is a vocal on it...and sometimes you have to get through a minute or two of those bleepity blops to hear a vocal.

I thought a remix was to enhance a song for a certain crowd but as a marketing tool....where is the smart marketing when most times you have no idea what song you are hearing?

I am all for diversity in dance music....10 years ago you'd have a package with a bit of everything on it yet you could still determine the song you are listening to from the chords/structure etc.

I think the remixers who mix in this bleepity blop style should just be putting out original music...they aren't interested in complementing a ballad or giving a pop song a dance makeover...they evem make the chorus the least energetic part of most mixes now with the focus on the 2 minutes of bleeps to follow it.

As makers of original music they certainly have a place and this is the time for EDM....but why are they taking these remixing jobs when they don't show respect to the original material?

Happy to read any comments on what I've wrote, but lets keep it civil...remember this board is over 15 years old and so you are going to get people who have not grown up on the same music or developed a taste for what's the current flavour in dance music. (for context I am only 33 years old and this is just one opinion)
discodan

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 16:59

I don't get the argument either way. Ultimately it's up to the label to decide what mix is worth releasing and what is not. And it's up to the DJ to decide what mix to play and what to not. Listeners can ignore a track or listen to it on repeat all day long. For the multitudes of djs out there who remix just for fun, they can certainly do whatever they want. Doing an obnoxiously unconventional mix may be a good way to promote your sound, your name, and your future album. People listen to Miley Cyrus mixes more than original tracks by unknown djs. It's a great promotion opportunity.

For the record, I mostly agree with Mike's opinion on what makes a good remix, and I think Guy Scheiman's Cher mix is a disaster, but to say that a remix is "wrong" because it doesn't do A) B) and C) is ridiculous.
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 17:06

Quote: Originally posted by scott  
As makers of original music they certainly have a place and this is the time for EDM....but why are they taking these remixing jobs when they don't show respect to the original material?

If it were you, would you turn down remixing Cher for money, if the label asked you to do an 'EDM' remix?

(Current)(Archive)|

scott

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 22:25

Quote: Originally posted by scott  

If it were you, would you turn down remixing Cher for money, if the label asked you to do an 'EDM' remix?

You are completely right...the labels A&R are to blame for this.

Are there really that many DJ's telling them that this is the type of mix they are going to play now?

Where is the soul in music...the melody is all but dead in dance music.

I think this is another reason why this board is not what it used to be....us enthusiasts just don't have as much to get excited about. I am tired of hearing about 20 awful new Britney mixes or the one bootleg mix of Pinks 8th single off an album. Not to mention we would come here to discuss a remix with someone who had already been serviced to give us a review...now the internet is flooded with music and we don't need a forum for the same reasons.

Disclosure: I am a Britney fan and I enjoy Pink to a degree...but the mixes lately are laughable.
skylark57

[*] posted on 4/1/2014 at 23:16
Laszlo to the rescue?

Great - if all that noise is done with, lol here's another one to get worked up about. . .

:P https://soundcloud.com/dj-laszlo

Another IWA remix, SANS the banjo again. Guess they DON'T get it. This one is fast and hard-hitting and has some mild and interesting special effects. I'd love it, if only. . . WHERE is the "overview extended mix?! - This guy also remixed TILAM.
Taj
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/4/2014 at 11:57

What I do have a problem with is remixers who put themselves and their ego above the actual song itself

See and this is where I have an issue with your take on all this. You said similar about Cosmic Dawn and his "ego" with his mix of "If I Was Your Man" and I kinda took offense for him!

Reinterpreting a song in a way that YOU don't like does not equate to a producer with a big "ego" or any other type of personality issue... It's called "creativity", it's called taking chances and thinking outside the norm and trying something new or different…. It would be a sad day in the world of dance music if producers were expected to stay inside the confined box of limitations that you feel makes for a "proper remix".

To each their own but personally I don't find anything inspiring about the types of remixes that always follow the original song structure/keys/mainly use stems from the original. To me, that gets a little boring… But at the same time I don't fault or criticize producers that create those kind of productions because I know there is an audience for that and I celebrate diversity in the dance music genre. I respect anyone who labors to create music weather it's my cup of tea or not. That's the way it should be when it comes to music… Electronic dance music especially! Diverse, creative with no "rules" or "limitations"!

Check out my music blog: http://mosuniverse.com/blogs/taj Updated everyday with all of the latest and greatest... And some not-so-greatest too!

DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/4/2014 at 12:31

What I do have a problem with is remixers who put themselves and their ego above the actual song itself

See and this is where I have an issue with your take on all this. You said similar about Cosmic Dawn and his "ego" with his mix of "If I Was Your Man" and I kinda took offense for him!

Reinterpreting a song in a way that YOU don't like does not equate to a producer with a big "ego" or any other type of personality issue... It's called "creativity", it's called taking chances and thinking outside the norm and trying something new or different…. It would be a sad day in the world of dance music if producers were expected to stay inside the confined box of limitations that you feel makes for a "proper remix".

To each their own but personally I don't find anything inspiring about the types of remixes that always follow the original song structure/keys/mainly use stems from the original. To me, that gets a little boring… But at the same time I don't fault or criticize producers that create those kind of productions because I know there is an audience for that and I celebrate diversity in the dance music genre. I respect anyone who labors to create music weather it's my cup of tea or not. That's the way it should be when it comes to music… Electronic dance music especially! Diverse, creative with no "rules" or "limitations"!

You do make really good points, and I should've been more specific. I was mainly talking about Cosmic Dawn's mix of "When I Was Your Man" where the bridge & final chorus are mysteriously missing. If you're remixing a pop song and recklessly eliminate the 1/3 of the vocals, that's delusional at best and offensive at worst - an insult to the song, its writers, and the listening audience.

I'd chalk it up to a fluke, but he initially did the same thing with Katy Perry "Roar" by neglecting to include the last minute or so of vocals (bridge & final chorus). I guess I just don't understand what would motivate a remixer to give up like that, and leave a project "unfinished" in the ears of people who like the song and know it well. Either use all the vocals, or make it a dub!
DeeperBoy

Mood: Swings

[*] posted on 4/4/2014 at 18:19

You do make really good points, and I should've been more specific. I was mainly talking about Cosmic Dawn's mix of "When I Was Your Man" where the bridge & final chorus are mysteriously missing. If you're remixing a pop song and recklessly eliminate the 1/3 of the vocals, that's delusional at best and offensive at worst - an insult to the song, its writers, and the listening audience.

I'd chalk it up to a fluke, but he initially did the same thing with Katy Perry "Roar" by neglecting to include the last minute or so of vocals (bridge & final chorus). I guess I just don't understand what would motivate a remixer to give up like that, and leave a project "unfinished" in the ears of people who like the song and know it well. Either use all the vocals, or make it a dub!

OR DON'T USE ALL THE VOCALS AND DO WHATEVER YOU WERE HIRED TO DO, LETTING THE LABEL AND THE CROWD DECIDE.

Jesus, Mike, you're so close minded that it's sometimes mind-boggling. Your opinion is respected, but let's not mix *an opinion* with facts or rules, shall we?
You like what you like, that's cool, but the amount of vocals in a vocal mix says nothing about a remixer's talent or his respect towards a song.

Just music.
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/4/2014 at 18:42

:P kisskiss
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 4/4/2014 at 20:32

Digitally delivered...

Guy Scheiman Club 6:58
Guy Scheiman Dub 7:01
Dan Slater Club 6:32
Dan Slater Dub 6:32
Dan Slater Radio 3:34

(Current)(Archive)|

Taj
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/4/2014 at 21:10

Well I don't want to keep the back and forth going but I just want to point out a few things…

Changing the structure/leaving out parts of the song does not mean the producer is "lazy" or "letting their ego get in the way" in most cases…

You have to look at the current climate in clubland… Club goers these days are not as receptive to the 10 minute epic club mixes from back in the day… They are more receptive to mix-show length mixes with some vocals and strong instrumental drops which sometimes is accomplished by cutting out the bridge or another section of the song. In the case of the Cosmic Dawn/Bruno Mars song, I can't say for sure but I'm thinking since he didn't have a true acapella and used the album version to create his bootleg, he probably cut out the final chorus for 2 reasons… #1 - the tempo in the last chorus gradually slows down in the original which could make it nearly impossible to time-stretch it without it soundlng like crap since it's not an isolated vocal and contains instrumentation. Also, the vocal is sung in a soft quiet voice during that section and maybe C.D. didn't want to drop the energy of the production down since it is suppose to be a high-energy club version that is intended to keep people on the floor dancing. (I think some of you might forget that dance mixes are actually created for the club dance floors and not just for casual listening in your iPods) I mean, there are so many factors that could go into decision to omit parts…. Those are just a few examples but I think it's unfair to assume that it's "ego" or "laziness"…

skylark57

[*] posted on 4/7/2014 at 21:03

:party: I WALK ALONE makes debut at #47 this Thursday on BB Dance Songs chart! Considering it was released 3/14 - that's a faster debut then TILAM had. I'm curious/excited as to what the clubs "pick" remix is - especially so since the remix sets to be released aren't all done yet - Wow, way to go CHER
skylark57

[*] posted on 4/14/2014 at 19:29
I Walk Alone remixes

New mixes available for club:

Gomez & Chapado Club
Gomez & Chapado Dub
Gomez & Chapado Radio
Gomez & Chapado Instrumental

DJ Laszlo Club
DJ Laszlo Radio
DJ Laszlo Dub

Both have some good moments but I'm still holdin' out for the "OverView Extended Mix". You can listen to these at:
http://www.dirrtyremixes.com

Mieville

[*] posted on 4/14/2014 at 20:07

How did nobody catch that huge sequencing error in the Laszlo radio mix?

Obviously nobody at all listened back to the mix.
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/14/2014 at 21:37

Quote: Originally posted by Mieville  

Just heard it - yikes! At 0:54 in the radio edit, this big jarring silence-gap that's only a couple seconds, but it may as well be a minute. You can tell it's just a sequencing error or whatever, that Laz's program goofed on for some inexplicible reason, but the sad thing is how many sets of ears listened to this remix before approving it, and NO ONE caught this?!?!?! *smh* Great quality control on WB's part....

"I’m not the kind of person that lives for fame and glory. If I’ve got a nice clean home and can put a meal on my table and can entertain my friends, I’m fine. I don’t need to see my face plastered everywhere."

Frankie Knuckles (1955-2014)
DJDizzy

[*] posted on 4/15/2014 at 02:37

Digital remixes budle will be commercially released on April 29.
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 4/21/2014 at 18:38

Digitally delivered...

Casey Alva Club Mix 7:47
Casey Alva Mixshow 5:32
Casey Alva Radio Edit 4:17
NovoGain Main 8:32
NovoGain DUB 7:25
NovoGain Radio 3:41

(Current)(Archive)|

DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 4/21/2014 at 19:14

Digitally delivered...

Casey Alva Club Mix 7:47
Casey Alva Mixshow 5:32
Casey Alva Radio Edit 4:17
NovoGain Main 8:32
NovoGain DUB 7:25
NovoGain Radio 3:41

For a quick minute, I thought this Casey Alva might be the same guy from the Alva(r) & Milias Remix (4:47) that leaked a couple months ago, but nope -- the two versions sound nothing alike. Casey's mix is actually really unique. No banjo, but instead there's a pretty flamenco-guitar type section in the breakdown -- very unexpected! Not the best remix structurally, by any means, but musically it's impressive.

"I’m not the kind of person that lives for fame and glory. If I’ve got a nice clean home and can put a meal on my table and can entertain my friends, I’m fine. I don’t need to see my face plastered everywhere."

skylark57

[*] posted on 4/21/2014 at 19:31
I Walk Alone Remixes

Also found two more:

Edison Pride Radio Edit - 3:59
Matt Consola & LFB Anthem (preview)

Both can be found on Soundcloud.com
skylark57

party-smiley-017.gif posted on 4/28/2014 at 21:22

Billboard Dance Charts - 5/10/14
http://www.citrusonic.net/

17* - P23 I Walk Alone, Cher

best remix so far, imo: Edison Pride Stereo Edit. Getting tired of waiting on the banjo remixes that have NOT materialized to date -
DJW

[*] posted on 4/29/2014 at 07:28

DJ Laszlo Club
DJ Laszlo Radio
DJ Laszlo Dub

The only good mix.

DJDizzy

[*] posted on 4/29/2014 at 08:40

Quote: Originally posted by Mieville  

Just heard it - yikes! At 0:54 in the radio edit, this big jarring silence-gap that's only a couple seconds, but it may as well be a minute. You can tell it's just a sequencing error or whatever, that Laz's program goofed on for some inexplicible reason, but the sad thing is how many sets of ears listened to this remix before approving it, and NO ONE caught this?!?!?! *smh* Great quality control on WB's part....

Forget about WB's quality control, I even found some commercial or promo CD used MP3 as sourced file, i.e: American Life or Love Profusion, just to name a few...
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 4/29/2014 at 12:01

Digitally delivered...

Matt Consola & LFB Anthem Mix 8:05
Manny Lehman Vocal Anthem Mix 7:04

Digitally delivered...

Toy Armada + DJ GRIND Remix 6:07
IKON Full Voc Final 5:16
IKON Instrumental
IKON Radio
Dirty Pop Remix 5:51

(Current)(Archive)|

bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 5/3/2014 at 10:56

Digitally delivered...

DJ Yiannis Big Room Mix 6:18
DJ Yiannis Big Room Dub 5:34
DJ Yiannis Radio Edit 3:48
DJ Yiannis Piano Mix 3:06
Joe T Vanelli Remix 5:31
Joe T Vanelli Remix Instrumental 5:41

The Yiannis Piano thing is neat!

(Current)(Archive)|

bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 5/13/2014 at 06:30

Digitally delivered...

Joe T Vannelli Deep House Remix
Joe T Vannelli Deep House DUB
Joe T Vannelli Deep House Radio
Edson Pride Remix
Edson Pride DUB
Edson Pride Radio Edit
Simone Bresciani Club Mix
Simone Bresciani Radio Mix
NovoGain NSM Drum Dub
NovoGain NSM Percapella
NovoGain NSM Synthapella

(Current)(Archive)|

bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 5/19/2014 at 11:19

Digitally delivered...

Serving Ovahness Remix 9:15
Chris Young Mixshow Edit 5:10
Chris Young Radio Edit 3:42

(Current)(Archive)|

discodan

[*] posted on 5/19/2014 at 17:53

Surely this is a contender for the 'Most Remixed Song Ever' award by now. JRMX mix is still my favorite tho
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 5/25/2014 at 06:36

Digitally delivered...

J-C Carr Remix 5:43
J-C Carr Remix Instrumental 5:43
J-C Carr Radio 3:05

(Current)(Archive)|

DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5/25/2014 at 07:09

Digitally delivered...

Serving Ovahness Remix 9:15

Oh dear....the Serving Ovahness Remix is identical to the "rough demo" mp3 that accidentally leaked a few months ago on the A&R's soundcloud page. Nothing was done to it other than it's mastered louder. There's even the same timing mistake at 7:14 and 7:29, where she sings "I gotta walk alone" on the wrong beat *lol* Another pathetic "quality-control" fail by WB! This was the "test mix" version that Brian "Serving Ovahness" did, and somehow they sent this file out instead of his FINAL draft. I'm thinking Citrusonic needs to hire an intern or someone who literally sits there all day and does nothing but LISTEN to every single bit of audio (with their ears even!) all the way through, uninterrupted, to prevent stuff like this from getting out and reflecting poorly on the artist.

DJW

[*] posted on 5/26/2014 at 06:08

Dj Lazlo is still my fave. They send out a fixed radio edit yet???

bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 5/26/2014 at 17:13

I'm into the NovoGain one. Reminds me of the Club 69 mix of "It's No Good".

(Current)(Archive)|

DJDigiMark

Mood: Groovy Baby!

[*] posted on 5/27/2014 at 18:37

Here's my lyric/remix video for the Morlando mix

Cher - I Walk Alone (Morlando Club Mix - XMix Edit by DJ MichaelAngelo) from DJ DigiMark on Vimeo.

Check out my club & Remix videos: http://www.facebook.com/DJDigiMark

My weekly radio MixMashShow (EST):
Power100FM, Fri 10-midnight / DanceMixUSA.com, Sat 8-9pm / Nexus Radio, Sun midnight-1am / 104.5 WSNX, Sun 9-10pm
skylark57

[*] posted on 5/29/2014 at 12:23

Really like the new Chris Young Mixshow Edit. Different from all the mixes so far. . .
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 5/31/2014 at 09:58

Digitally delivered...

7th Heaven Banging Club Mix 6:16
7th Heaven Banging Radio Edit 3:47

(Current)(Archive)|

desenchanntee
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6/2/2014 at 04:58

Finally, here's the 7th Heaven Remix

And if you don't like it f*ck YOU!
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 6/5/2014 at 11:09

Digitally delivered...

Mindskap Remix 6:05
Mindskap Dub 6:13
Mindskap Roaming Dub 5:25
J-C Carr Remix 5:43
J-C Carr Radio 3:05
The Thin Red Men Club Mix 4:48
The Thin Red Men Edit 3:12

(Current)(Archive)|

MC54

[*] posted on 6/5/2014 at 12:41

Most remixed of song of 2014 goes to...
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 6/5/2014 at 18:37

They really want that number one & it's gonna be a really close call between this one & Birthday for next week...

(Current)(Archive)|

DJW

[*] posted on 6/6/2014 at 06:04

I know a promo remix cd went out to clubs. Can anyone hook me up!??

bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 6/6/2014 at 07:58

Yes they were for the club giveaway events & tour after-parties. It's the same tracklist as the retail digital EP... 9 tracks

(Current)(Archive)|

hanna barbera
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6/6/2014 at 08:36

Where is featuring Pink version ?
bertrand
Administrator

[*] posted on 6/6/2014 at 10:48

Quote: Originally posted by hanna barbera  

She does the backing vocals on the album version!

(Current)(Archive)|

hanna barbera
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 6/7/2014 at 12:37

its not enough for charts.. it must had been a featuring ..especially after the shelved "the greatest thing"
Klimis Ioannidis

[*] posted on 6/7/2014 at 14:35

its not enough for charts.. it must had been a featuring ..especially after the shelved "the greatest thing"

Gaga did, not Cher. She had the first and the last word to it. If it was up to Cher she would release it as a solo track.
DJW

[*] posted on 6/8/2014 at 18:01

I saw cher live a few night ago. She joked that GaGa was mad at her, and she wasn't expecting any Christmas cards from her. .

DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 12/18/2015 at 07:21

Quote: Originally posted by skylark57  
Quote: Originally posted by tp2k  

Anyway, IWA as a single vanished in the U.K. - so I'm pleasantly surprised about "Red". Hopefully, they'll do a lot more for this track. IMO: 7th Heaven's mixes are becoming a bit predictable lately so I hope they'll do something fierce, minus vocal effects. It remains to be seen then if "Red" will be released in the U.S. since the next track here is "I Walk Alone". Double-sided single? :salud:

In case any fans are wondering about 7th Heaven's unreleased mix of "Red" you can hear it on this page: https://www.musicgateway.net/profile/ADmanagement -- it's 7:38 long and HAWT!!! not sure why this never got released as a B-side remix?

fulltimelength

[*] posted on 12/19/2015 at 04:27

In case any fans are wondering about 7th Heaven's unreleased mix of "Red" you can hear it on this page: https://www.musicgateway.net/profile/ADmanagement -- it's 7:38 long and HAWT!!! not sure why this never got released as a B-side remix?

Oh thanks for sharing! I always wanted to hear it! But I must admit it ain't that good for my liking. I'm not so keen on 7th Heaven's music on the other side. No wonder why it didn't get a release... It seems 7th Heaven pretend sometimes to sound 'spectacular', adding lots of sounds (noises sometimes) and they don't realize the simple the better. A great song like "Heroes" by Mans Zelmerlow, which admits lots of possibilites, turned into a crappy and unconfortable mix to hear, for example.
discodan

[*] posted on 12/19/2015 at 09:02

Thanks! I do love that 7th heaven remix. 100000x better than the album version

Go To Top