Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Remixes That Use Harmony As Lead Vocals
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

Mood: content

[*] posted on 4/25/2017 at 07:11
Remixes That Use Harmony As Lead Vocals

Okay, this is really a nerdy esoteric topic *lol* But I was listening to one of these examples below just today, and got inspired....thought maybe we could use a break from the constant barrage of samesy "new release" posts clogging up this message board! Any music theory geeks, remixers, or hard-core audiophiles wanna chime in? Here's the few I could remember just off the top of my head, I absolutely LOVE IT when remixers do this, it's so creative and pleasing to the ear.....

- Madonna: American Pie (The JB Remix) = @1:29 and all choruses
- Chynna Phillips: Naked And Sacred (David Morales Classic Club Mix) = @7:06 final chorus
- B:linda Project/Elaine M. Rennie: We Want The Same Thing (Matt Pop Club Mix) = @6:24 final chorus
- Pink: F*ckin' Perfect (Joel D!ckinson & Billy Waters Mixshow Edit) = @3:29 final chorus, and @0:15 fade-in chorus loop

"Iím not the kind of person that lives for fame and glory. If Iíve got a nice clean home and can put a meal on my table and can entertain my friends, Iím fine. I donít need to see my face plastered everywhere."

Frankie Knuckles (1955-2014)
osagej4

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4/25/2017 at 09:15

I love these too. Here's a few I can remember:

I recall Gaga's Paparazzi remixes used the harmonies for the chorus - the Stuart Price Remix?

The Shep's Spressin Himself remix of Madonna's Express Yourself

Not technically a dance remix - but All Saints' Pure Shores 2 Da Beach remix also used harmonies
bertrand
Administrator

Mood: Green

[*] posted on 4/25/2017 at 09:32

Junior's Earth mix of M's "Deeper And Deeper" is another one, but IMO that one didn't work so well.

_________________________________ _______
|Energy Club House Playlists:
(Current)(Archive)|
|Bit Error - Discography|Energy 98 - Move to it! |

|Bit Error on Facebook|____|Follow on HearThis|
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5/7/2017 at 15:31

Quote: Originally posted by osagej4  
I love these too. Here's a few I can remember:

I recall Gaga's Paparazzi remixes used the harmonies for the chorus - the Stuart Price Remix?

The Shep's Spressin Himself remix of Madonna's Express Yourself

ahhhhhh yes, I remember that Madonna one! and omg you're right on the Lady Gaga too....listening to Stuart Price's remix right now and some of the verse vocals drop the lead completely or almost mute it, and just feature the harmonies only :o or maybe are they completely re-sung vocals for just his remix? (I don't know the original song well enough to tell) FUN STUFF!!!

"Iím not the kind of person that lives for fame and glory. If Iíve got a nice clean home and can put a meal on my table and can entertain my friends, Iím fine. I donít need to see my face plastered everywhere."

bertrand
Administrator

Mood: Green

[*] posted on 5/7/2017 at 20:13

Stuart Price's Paparazzi mix sounds like the melody was altered with melodyne.

_________________________________ _______
|Energy Club House Playlists:
(Current)(Archive)|
|Bit Error - Discography|Energy 98 - Move to it! |

|Bit Error on Facebook|____|Follow on HearThis|
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
DJMichaelAngelo
Supreme Member

[*] posted on 5/12/2017 at 20:21

Quote: Originally posted by bertrand  
Stuart Price's Paparazzi mix sounds like the melody was altered with melodyne.

No way! Is that even possible? I thought if you try to use Melodyne on vocals, they'll sound all weird & unnatural sounding. Her vocals in the Stuart Price Mix sound just like her normal singing to me? Anyway, I thought of another REALLY cool example, but I kinda doubt anyone's ever heard of it, and I'm almost certain no one loves it as much as me *lol*

Fruehbel feat. Ben Sommerfield - Leave (Acoustic Mix)

Technically not a remix, but the song "Leave" is a dance record overall. In the Acoustic Mix on the first 2 verses & 2 choruses, he sings a solo lead vocal that's actually the lower HARMONY line from the original version/remix! This effect is so striking, so clever, so beautiful and haunting, especially to a listener like me who knows the Original Friday Mix backwards & forwards. This acoustic version just came on a random playlist of mine today, and it made me remember how beautiful and haunting this song really is. Attached is a clip of the original/uptempo version, since I couldn't find it anywhere online, not for sale as a digital download, or even YouTube or Soundcloud.

Attachment: Ben-Sommerfeld-Leave-Original-Clip.mp3 (364kB)
This file has been downloaded 2 times

Go To Top